Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Warm and Cozy Fall Decor

I love pulling out my decorations for Fall and Thanksgiving even though those items are only up for a few short weeks every year. I also love to decorate with lots of "found" objects - Items that I have collected over the years or found as I make my many thrift store stops. In the past few years I have used a scarecrow theme for Fall ... but this year I changed it up a bit and followed more of a warm fall colors theme. I have loved coming home from work every day - lighting a spicy smelling candle from B&BW and relaxing with a cup of hot apple cider. YUMMY!!
This plate holder is from Southern Living. It is hanging in the entryway. I was stumped on how to decorate it for Fall. I hung the fabulous pilgrim head from it (a gift from my sis Sharon) and everything else just kinda fell in to place. That's what I love about using "found" objects as I decorate - it's always turns out different and unique. I love using lots of textures, shapes and color when I decorate. I loved how the silver tray looks behind the white serving platter. The little sign that says "corn" was made by Matthew when he was in Kindergarten. I have a hard time parting with my kids school projects so I went through them and put them away with my seasonal decorations. I love the memories as I pull out those boxes each season and use them around my home and office. :-)

I made these little pilgrims as part of Thanksgiving Wreath - it looked so dated when I pulled it out this year - so I pulled it apart. I attached pretty ribbon to the pilgrims and hung them from the plate holder. So-So CUTE!!

I have had a hard time parting with my "book page" eggs that I mod podged at Easter time - but don't they look great in this display in front of my fireplace. The wooden turkey is at least 10+ years old ... it is made to hold suckers as tail feathers, but I think it looks just great without the suckers. (Which can be hard to find!!!)


Once again more texture and color. I pulled out the Spanish Moss "nests" that I used with all my birds nests last Spring ... I think the Dollar Store pumpkin looks fabulous on top of the moss.


This is one of the TP pumpkins from an earlier post. Notice the tie around the glass cylinder - it's an old T-Shirt. I love the way it looks next to the other glass objects. The tray is from Southern Living - I use it year round. I have used it on my table and as a breakfast tray on my bed ... LOL

This leaf is made out of twigs. When I saw it at Home Goods last year I just had to have it! Notice the opened picture frames. I'm totally obsessed with those and have used them in several difference mantle-scapes this year. The also love the smoothness of the glasses next to the little turkey carved from some type of pod (?) I received as a gift from a friend about 10 years ago ... it's such a unique piece and reminds me of her when I pull out my boxes of decorations every Fall.

1 comments:

Sharon Haynie said...

It looks terrific!!!