Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Home "Tweet" Home

With bird houses so popular right now I couldn't wait to to start crafting some for my home.

I started with these two bird houses that I found at Goodwill ... $.45 cents each on half price bric-a-brac day!! (Wasn't too excited about the beach/coastal look on the front of the birdhouse - but the price was perfect.)


Added a wooden candle stick and wood disk for the base. Two (2) coats of Ivory paint, then a quick sanding. Fast coat of varnish and a swipe of Burnt Umber to achieve the distressed look. Gorilla Glue and .... DONE !!!
Doesn't it look so-soo fabulous ... even stuck right in the middle of my Easter decorations!!

3 comments:

Sharon Haynie said...

way cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through New Friend Friday and I love crafty blogs so I'm definitely subscribing. :-)

~ Carrie ~

Jessica said...

WOW! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday, and I LOVE your idea! That is so creative--putting the birdhouse on top of a candle stick---I'm really into birdhouses, too--I just might try that myself!