Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Starting to Bust Some Stash ....

I have actually finished several projects thanks to the September Stash Busting Challenge at The T-Shirt Diaries blog. Theses projects are not anything new or innovative. They may not even be creative to most of you, but I am happy cause they are now finally done and crossed off my list.


Tin Can Office Supply Organizers:
I save tin cans ?!?!? Look how cute these turned out. I covered them with burlap and jute, added fabric bows and flowers. They look so cute in the teacher's workroom at my school.

Bathroom Rules Sign:



I have had these vinyl letters for over two (2) years (Yikes!) but take a look now. Sprayed the recycled frame with black paint, covered the matting with burlap, and added a few fabric flowers. So-so darling (can you use the word darling and/or add flowers on something hanging in a bathroom used by boys ... LOL)

White Serving Tray:
Spray painted this blue tin serving tray Heirloom White. Then took a piece of cardboard, covered it with burlap (see the burlap theme here ... had 2 yards of it in my stash!!) and added a black bow. When I get tired of the burlap I can just change it out by removing the cardboard piece. It put the tin can supply organizers on it and put it in the teachers workroom at my school ... it looks so-so cute and will keep all those supplies teachers use within arms reach.)

Also spray painted several picture frames ... took them to work to help organize the photos on the side of my file cabinet. I will share pictures in my next post.

Thanks Robin for your blog!!! Loving the challenge of not purchasing anything new .... checking off projects everyday!!!









7 comments:

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I need to do this stashbusting thing too- I have sooo much stuff! I love the projects you did- so cute!

Melissa said...

I really like the tin with the gingham bow (I save tin cans too).

Nora said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
♥hugs♥

Lee Ann said...

Oh I love your ideas! I save tin cans too and embaressingly enough I have one for my pens in my sewing area but it doesn't even have a ribbon around it! I love your idea , I think I will do mine tomorrow!

I found you through t shirt diaries x

Maureen F. said...

Awesome uses of your burlap - I love anything with burlap - it has such a cool look

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Oh these are great! I am having fun with stashbusting...my husband thinks I should make it a permanent thing...NOT going to happen, but so far so good. Of course you can borrow the witch boots idea! Can't wait to see. Jeans are perfect for them! Following you now.

Unknown said...

wow again! i like your burlap covered tin cans! you are so generous to gift your crafts for the teachers' lounge. great idea!