Monday, September 27, 2010

Stash Busting Faux Feather Wreath

I have been obsessing over a fabulous black feather wreath that I saw at Home Goods a few weeks ago, but keeping to my stash busting pledge I stayed away from the store ... (talk about hard to do!!!) Anyway - I remembered this no cost alternative that I saw a while ago on a crafty type blog as I was digging through my stash busting box. (I don't remember the blog ... so sorry that I can't give credit were due :-(


I took white plastic grocery bags, cut away the printing. Then cut the remaining bag in to squares about 5 x 5". I then took a Dollar Store Styrofoam wreath, punched holes in it - then gathered 3-4 squares of plastic, put a little bit of hot glue in the hole and shoved the plastic squares into the holes. (Sorry ... no pictures of this process...) I then spray painted the whole thing black.

No it's not a fabulous feather wreath ... but I think it turned out darling and cost me nothing ... all thanks to the September Stash Busting Challenge!!! (I know ... I need to use a better camera!!! LOL)

1 comments:

Sharon Haynie said...

So cute-I might just give this one a try!